This simple healing ritual is for someone who has a virus or other debilitating condition. The virus
may be affecting the whole body and not responding to treatment. . As the ritual is intended to stimulate the body’s immune system, it is best done on
the gentle early waxing moon energies
Through magick, a concentrated dosage of healing power is offered, based on a particular healing
herb charged with the energies of the sender, but without any absorption of the actual substance. So,
rather than making a tea or tincture, you use empowered herbs. This is a way of sending herb power to
any person or creature without the need to worry about medical exclusions and correct quantities.
Place some echinacea in the centre of your altar in a mortar and pestle. Echinacea, or purple
cornflower, is a herb that is taken medicinally to relieve viral conditions. You will also need a readycut-out
doll shape in white material and a needle and pink thread.
* Place on the altar symbols of health: fruit, flowers, seeds and nuts are all full of prana, or life force.
* Light two white candles, the god candle on the left, then the Goddess candle on other side. If you
are working as a group, the person leading the ritual can light the candles.
* Call on the person who is being healed, wherever they are, to visualise themselves in a cone of blue
light at the time you will be carrying out the ritual.
* With feet apart, draw up light through your feet, let it spread through your legs, up your body, your
arms and though the crown of your hand (this process is sometimes referred to as raising a light
* Then cast the circle. Join hands if you are in a group and, beginning with the person in the North of
the group, pass the power deosil from hand to hand, chanting:
May the circle be unbroken.
* If you are working alone, walk around the outside of a visualised circle of light about five feet in
diameter, pointing towards the ground with your power finger (the index finger of the hand you write
with) or a wand made of willow, hazel or rowan or ash sharpened at one end.
Circle of light,
circle of healing,
protect me within
and aid this my working.
* Empower the dried herbs by mixing them in a mortar and pestle with a few drops of laurel or
eucalyptus essential oil – these are also good for viral infections. As you mix, chant a mantra, such as:
Heal and restore, strength once more.
If you are working as a group, one person should mix the herbs on the altar while the others chant the
names of healing deities in ever-rising intensity and pitch, for example:
Brighid, Ganga, Hermes, Thoth, Hygeia, Panacea, Sulis, Iduna!
As you do so, you raise a cone of healing energies over the mortar and pestle, breathing in life from
the living fruits and flowers and projecting it as blue healing light that may be mingled with the green
of the herbs.
You can adapt the chant if you do not wish to use specific names, for example:
Goddess, Mother, healer, restorer, hear our plea.
* Now that you have raised the cone of blue power, it can be directed towards the person to be healed
by pointing in the direction of their home, with either your power finger or a wand, and uttering a
Heal and bless.
Rather than now grounding the remaining power, you can use it to fashion a slower, but equally
potent, talisman that will continue the work.
* Sit quietly in front of the altar, facing north, and sew a doll-shaped bag, to be filled with herbs . If you are working in a group, pass the doll, or poppet, and a needle and
thread around the group. Each person can make a few very rough stitches, endowing each with a
spoken hope or prayer for the sick person and visualising the stitches filled with light. When only the
head is open, the person who made the last stitch should take it to the altar and fill the poppet with the
charged herbs, speaking more healing words, and then sew up the head.
* Place the poppet between the altar candles where the light can shine on it.
* Now uncast the circle widdershins, either from hand to hand or with your power finger or wand,
seeing the light returning to the ground and repeating:
May the circle be uncast
but remain unbroken.
Any remaining energy can be grounded by sitting on the ground and pressing downwards or standing
and returning the power with a stamp of your feet.
* Leave the altar candles burning and eat the fruit and seeds and nuts to absorb the magical life force.
* Blow out the altar candles (in a group, this should be done by the person leading the ritual) and send
the light to the sick person. The person receiving the healing may notice an intensity of blue light
when the cone is released.
As soon as possible, give the poppet, wrapped in white silk, to the person to be healed, for them to
keep close to their bed.