1. The most important is “Intention”: you must know that you can and will succeed; it is essential in every
2. Preparation. (You must be properly prepared according to the rules of the Art; otherwise you will never
3. The Circle must be properly formed and purified.
4. You all must be properly purified, several times if necessary, and this purification should be repeated several
times during the rite.
5. You must have properly consecrated tools.
These five essentials and Eight Paths or Ways cannot all be combined in one rite. Meditation and dancing do not
combine well, but forming the mental image and the dance may be well combined with Chants. Spells, etc.,
combined with scourging and No. 6, followed by No. 8, form a splendid combination. Meditation, following
scourging, combined with Nos. 3 and 4 and 5, are also very Good. For short cuts concentration, Nos. 5, 6, 7, and 8 are